Monday, June 29, 2015

Durham with the Lawlers

I almost jumped out of my skin when Fabio told me he was going to North Carolina for work. The was no question--the boys and I simply had to go with him and hang with some of our favorite people. The Lawlers are part of our Singapore family, in Durham for Nate's MBA, and you can't not visit family, you know.

So when April finally came, it brought us a botanical garden full of spring blossoms,


Ring-around-the-Rosie after farm fresh ice cream on rocking chairs,


If arranged marriages were still a thing...

afternoons full of book reading,



and bike- and scooter-riding good times!



Sage: "Jon, be careful and slow down. You don't want to fall in the street!"
Maybe he'll listen to her.


We explored Durham's old industrial now-hip-restaurant-y area, and naturally played in the chilly fountains.


Look at that fun mom!

It was so fun to see Sage and Jon reunited. They were little baby best friends in Singapore--mistaken for twins because they were the same age and white--and it didn't take them long at all to pick up where they left off!



I simply adore that little girl!

And I couldn't wait to finally meet and get to know this little beauty...


Sweet, sweet Nora is just the cutest--no surprise

Sage and Nora gave us a first-rate education on all things girly: Frozen, Barbies, baby doll etiquette, and holding hands.


And I'm afraid we gave them a crash course in the rough-and-tumble world of boys!

Between delicious food, day and night playmates, round after round of "Willaby Wallaby Woo," children's museums, snow cones, "Mother May I?," bikes, and scooters, the boys were super sad to leave.


And those post-bedtime Mommy talks into the morning hours made it awfully hard for me to pry myself away, too. I always get some of my best parenting/life ideas and insights from this amazing mom and great friend. She is the best!

We really do love these people like family... guess we'll just have to find a way to visit them in Cali, now!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this! Thank you tax conference for bringing the Gaertners to us.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Followers