Friday, August 22, 2014

An Airplane Ride

Dap and Jon share a special deep love for airplanes, so for father's day we arranged for a private sight-seeing flight for the two of them.


It was a surprise for both of them, and neither could believe his good fortune. I'm not sure who was more excited: Jon, Dap, or me (to come along for the ride and watch the excitement).


Jon put the headphones on and kept them on the whole time.

"Mommy, we're in an airplane! I'm like a pilot because I have pilot headphones on. We're on an airplane, Mommy. With Dap! I'm on an airplane with Dap, Mommy."

Every five minutes or so, he would look at me with a big smile and give me the "thumbs up,"

We flew over the isthmus and saw Daddy's work, the Capitol, the football stadium, the beautiful Wisconsin countryside...


We even flew over our house!


These two best buddies sure love their airplanes.


Happy Father's Day, Dap! Thanks for being so good to us.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if I've posted this before, so forgive me if I'm being repetitive. Every time I read a posting about Johnathan loving airplanes, I can't help but think of Isaac and how he told me he was about Johnathan's age when he fell in love with planes. And as you know, Isaac never "grew up" from that love. It's awesome to see how at a young age a mind is influenced.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Followers